[ic] Shipping on max weight ?

Fri Nov 23 18:25:01 2001

On Sat, 24 Nov 2001, David Bordas wrote:

DB>>I'm trying to make a shipping by max weight.
DB>>For exemple if i have 2 products one at weight 6 and one at 4.
DB>>Shipping charge'll be 6 $.
DB>>
DB>>but i don't find how to do it ?
DB>>I try to modify checkout.html near [seti weight] ... but don't solve my
DB>>problem.
DB>>I think i should modify my shipping method that is for the moment
DB>>standard shipping by weight, weight multiply by 1 .
DB>>
DB>>But don't know how to set max weight there ?
DB>>
DB>>please i'm lost and i really need help.

I've got a hunch that I am not understanding your question correctly.

The store will add up the weights that you have specified in the
products.txt file. If someone buys a widget that weighs 6 pounds and a
gadget that weighs 4 pounds it now knows that the total order weight is 10
pounds. (Make sure that your shipping weights in there are correct.)

Then, you need to set your shipping method in shipping.asc to deal with
this total weight.

For what I understand your question to be, playing with checkout.html is not
going to accomplish what you want to do.

-= Jim =-

Tagline for Friday, November 23, 2001 at 18:15 PM:
This country needs more unemployed politicians.

This Linux System has been up 285 hours