[ic] Shipping on max weight ?

Sat Nov 24 18:58:01 2001

On Sat, 24 Nov 2001 jv6b@meloo.com wrote:

>>>Yeah, just what kind of shipping is this?  Or are you using shipping
>>>fudge something else?  What if they have three products, one at 6
>>and
>>>two at 4?  Do you want 6?
>>>

>>Yes it'll be 6.

Why won't it be 14?

And, I'm assuming that these 4's and 6's are weights of the products rather
than prices.

I'm still not clear on what you are trying to do, so my help is going to be
vague, and mayhaps in appropriate. And,I see that Mr Miller (someone I
highly respect) is as confused as I am.

>>>What do you mean "shipping charge will be 6$"?  Sounds like you are
>>confused
>>>about how shipping works and need to review docs.
>>>
>>>That being noted, you can still do it with usertag or perl in shipping
>>table.
>>i'm know quite well perl so yes i can do it with perl, but i don't
>>know where to do that for interchange.
>>Could you explain me what files i should modify for accessing to the
>>shipping table ?

First of all, in 'shipping.asc' are the shipping methods, and the formulas.
These refer to rate tables that you get, or build, for the shipping methods
that you want. Some tables are included with the demo and you can build from
there. What's in the demo does work, although the rates may be inaccurate,
and may not work well for other countries.

In the early summer, late June or early July, I posted a lengthy tutorial
about adding shipping methods. You can find that in the mail archives.

The docs that come with Interchange also have a lot of information on the
shipping configuration in the doc on databases.

After you have been through all of those, if you are still having problems,
come on back and ask some SPECIFIC questions and we will help you.

-= Jim =-

Tagline for Saturday, November 24, 2001 at 18:45 PM:
1200 bps used to seem so fast

This Linux System has been up 310 hours