[ic] Shipping on max weight ?

Sun Nov 25 08:18:03 2001

On Sun, 25 Nov 2001 jv6b@meloo.com wrote:

>>Ok thanks i'll try.
>>In fact my calculation will be simple
>>weight = max product weight in the cart.
>>
>>But the "max" isn't to definied with akopia.

>>Ce mel a été envoyé avec Meloo http://www.meloo.com
>>Info Meloo : L'Echo du Village est en kiosque : Exprimez vous grâce aux outils gratuits d'Internet !

OK, apparently you are French and we are having a bit of a problem with
languages.

I'm getting a different vibration from you now.

I  think that I am hearing ---

It doesn't matter how many items are in the cart, or how much any of them
weigh, shipping will be charged ONLY for the heaviest item.

Or, a customer can buy 1,000 items that weigh 5 pounds each, and 1 item that
weighs 6 pounds. The shipping cost will be calculated on a 6 pound package
and the other 5,000 pounds will go for free shipping?

Is this correct?

You can find the routine that adds up all of the shipping weights (without
looking, I think that it's in checkout.html) and instead of adding each one
into a total, do a compare on each item as you cycle through the shopping
cart and see if it's heavier than the previous item. If it is, that becomes
the new shipping weight. If it's not heavier, then that weight is ignored.

If I have misunderstood, I suggest that you post your question in your
native language and perhaps someone on the list will translate it for us so
that we can have another go at it.

-= Jim =-

Tagline for Sunday, November 25, 2001 at 08:05 AM:
He who dies with the most toys... is *still* DEAD!

This Linux System has been up 11 hours