[ic] How can I copy item with new sku and change other fields?

Joachim Leidinger interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Mon Nov 26 03:50:01 2001

Steve Graham wrote:

> Hello,
>
> It should be after the "create new item", and before the "sku".
>
> You might need to check your access settings under administration to make
> sure you are allowed to clone items.
>
> Take a look at the administration section of the demo:
> http://demo.ic.redhat.com/
>
> The clone item shows up here.
>
> Otherwise, this might be a question  for Mike H.

I see it and I see my error, why I can't see the clone button. I'm using
IC 4.6.1 and this version has not that clone button. Looking into the UI
section of IC 4.8.1, I see the codes for the cloning items.

Can I copy and paste that part of codes from item-edit.html into my own
item-edit.html file or should I update IC 4.6.1 to 4.8.2?
Another problem is, I've defined an admin user, who can change something
in the Items area, but this user is not allowed to see and change some
fields. I have to fields "GID" (the group id) and "SN" (the serial
number). Both fields is very important for the layout of the IC pages.
How can I set both fields to "" so, that both fields is emtpy in my
cloned items with a new sku?

Thanks!

Joachim

--
Hans-Joachim Leidinger | Dipl.-Phys.Ing. Entwicklung eCommerce
[Hans-Joachim.leidinger@bpanet.de]