[ic] search error: Limit subroutine creation

Stefan Hornburg Racke interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Mon Nov 26 08:53:01 2001

Joachim Leidinger <jojo@blackpoint.de> writes:

[...]

> Stefan,
>
> it seems to me, LWP::UserAgent use the URI module to escape some
> characters and I don't need URI::Escape. This part
>
> ------- snip ----------
> se=SCSI%20III%20(UW%20&%20U2W)%20Festplattenwechselrahmen
> ------- snip ----------
>
> is coming from the apache log. How can I prevent LWP::UserAgent to use
> the URI to uri_escape the calling url?

That is the wrong way. Special characters have to be escaped in
the URL, otherwise you violate specifications. Don't do this.
The culprit in this case is probably the & which isn't escaped
(LWP::UserAgent couldn't know about this). Use the
POST method instead of GET and escape the parameters manually.

Ciao
        Racke

--
Die Erde bleibt keine Scheibe. --- The earth remains no disk.

For projects and other business stuff please refer to COBOLT NetServices