[ic] Credit Card Processing (Was: "newbie" documentation)

Eric Paul interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Mon Nov 26 13:47:01 2001

At 01:21 PM 11/26/2001, you wrote:
>Please let me know when you get it done.  I am working on an interchange
>store and could use all of the help I can get.  Is it possible to do fully
>automated credit card processing at an affordable rate?  I need something
>cheap with little to no out of pocket expense no matter if I have to type
>the CC# in manually.

Check with your merchant bank, see what options they offer.  Most banks
have a preferred online processing house (CyberCash, SkipJack, etc...) and
the rate varies from bank to bank.  You can also sign up directly with some
of these processing houses, but you'll pay a higher rate.

If you don't want to deal with cards in real-time, check the section of the
online docs on PGP/GPG encryption.  Email yourself the encrypted card
numbers, decrypt the cards on your local machine, and enter them in your
POS terminal.

HTH

Eric