[ic] Credit Card Processing (Was: "newbie" documentation)

Eric Paul interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Mon Nov 26 14:20:01 2001

At 01:52 PM 11/26/2001, you wrote:
>Well first off I do not have a terminal.  I am strictly a computer
>consulting business with no physical store front.  I am looking for
>something I can do 100% online with little to no out of pocket expenses.

Gary,

You are going to need to talk with your bank about setting you up with a
Merchant Account.  This is what you would use to process credit
cards.  Depending on the state you live in and the bank you deal with,
there are all sorts of policies regarding what this will cost and how much
up front and the like.  If this ends up being too restrictive, you may want
to check the thread about PayPal integration.

Eric