[ic] Process flow

Jeff Fearn interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Mon Nov 26 18:11:00 2001

> > I was wondering if someone could give me an overview of the buy process
> > sequence?
> >
> > Specifically which files get called in which order through the ordering
> > process.
> >
> > i.e click the buy button, form submits order to <file> whith args <args>
>and
> >
> > perfomrs steps <steps>, then passes data to basket for display.
> >
> > Now I'm betting that's fairly close, except for where the order actually
> > gets munged into the cart.
> >
> > Some nice data/control flow diagrams would be nice. Maybe the core guys
> > could show us the ones they used for the design. I have looked through
>the
> > docs and archive but have found little to help. I feel like it is
>staring me
> > right in the face ... I hate that :}
>

>It is.
>
>That is catalog specific.  You define your flow when you create the
>catalog.

?!? hmmm perhaps in some small way, however in general default actions and
sequences are used. Perhaps you set the order that areas and categories are
displayed, however this has nothing to do with the background processing
functionality,such as how an item is inserted into your cart when you click
a buy button.

Jeff.