[ic] barlink, can I be more specific?

Jonathan Clark interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Tue Nov 27 17:25:00 2001

> I have a small problem, I would like the area and category sections to use
> different classes (CSS) and they all seem to use the barlink CSS.  I would
> like to know if theres a way to specify a different class for the AREA and
> CATEGORY instead of just one for both.

There are a few options. There is a field in the Layout editor called 'Link
Template' where you can specify how the link will be displayed. In fact the
link template can actually be set in a number of ways:

Order is:

   1) If there is text between the [loop-exec bar_link] and [/loop-exec]
this is used.
   2) if not, if there is a Link template for the Area or Cat entry this is
used.
   3) if not, if there is a variable called BAR_LINK_TEMPLATE this is used.
   4) if not, the default is '<A HREF="$URL$" CLASS="barlink">$ANCHOR$</A>'

As you can see, yet another powerful feature of ic. :-)

In your case, number 1 may be the easiest. I prefer it as I don't have to
enter the template in each cat and area entry in the Layout Editor, also, I
don't want the store owner to have to mess with it.

Have fun,

Jonathan
Webmaint.