[ic] Making store popup without redirect

Tue Nov 27 19:25:01 2001

On Tue, Nov 27, 2001 at 06:32:00PM -0800, steve@moddepot.com wrote:
> How can I make my domain point right to the store. right now I have a
> index.html which redirects to the store. but the search engines don't like
> this. how can I make the store come right up with my domain. also where can
> I add meta tags on the foundation? just but them in the index.html page? or
> what. thanks in advance

If you are concerned that search engines don't like the redirect, you
will be more concerned that they don't like cgi.  Of course, google
and any worthwhile search engines don't care.  But you are probably
looking at microsoft bcentral report.  How accurate is that, really?
Bottom line, you don't know what the search engines take short of
what you pull up and see for results.

If you know how to run ic as a server side include you can have a
dynamic catalog page as your top page and the search engines will
not know or care.  That is outside scope of this list, ask how on
a list related to your webserver.