[ic] How to import additional product items with the admin tool?

Wed Nov 28 09:49:00 2001

Quoting music@labyrinth.net.au (music@labyrinth.net.au):
> > I would like to add product items from a file into the product database
> with
> > the admin tool. The admin offers the function to import xls.files,  single
> > tables and gnumeric data tex. I tried to import xls.file and got the error
> > that the 'sheet 1' is not known. Does anybody know how to import xls.
> files? I
> > also tried csv.files to import as single table an gnumeric data tex but it
> > does notr really work.
>
> Try downloading the foundation products.xls template, perhaps with sample
> products intact. Modify the data and then test uploading using this file and
> the default foundation catalog. If this works then you will for sure whether
> xls upload is working.

This is a good suggestion. The reason "sheet 1" is not known is that it
is not an Interchange table name. The XLS import needs the sheet to be
named for the table -- there is no other way for Interchange to know where
the data goes.

phone +1.513.523.7621      <mheins@redhat.com>

If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of
car payments.  -- Earl Wilson