[ic] Handling inventory

Dan Browning interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Wed Nov 28 13:30:01 2001

> How do you handle inventory integration with your inventory
> control? In other words, I am not going to use the web site
> to maintain my inventory info so, I will use and system
> external to the web site. How do you exchange information
> between IC and external systems? Can it be automated?
>
> George Loch

I've seen several trends:

1. Mass market software:
	a. Quickbooks, (Interchange is ready to integrate with this, see
'extensions/')
	b. Peachtree, MAS 90, etc.  (I've done MAS 90).

2. Horizontal ERP/CRM software
	a. $1 million solutions: Baan, CODA, D&B, IBM, Software 2000,
SNI, SAP, PeopleSoft, Oracle, Marcam, J.D. Edwards.
	b. Open source solutions:  Compiere (www.compiere.org).

3. Vertical software
	a. Specialized for your industry.

For examples on how such integration is done, see the Quickbooks files.
Other methods include controlled database syncronization (one- or
two-way).  Companies like Red Hat and Kavod Technologies specialize in
integrating Interchange with that kind of software.

Dan Browning
Kavod Technologies