[ic] Handling inventory

Dan Browning interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Wed Nov 28 16:45:56 2001

> The client is a motorcycle dealership who needs an online
> store. The trick with these guys is that a lot of the stuff
> must be ordered but, there are some things that they stock
> and will stock more based on demand.
>
> They use Lightspeed as their management suite. It's
> client/server running on windows.
>
> Is that enough info?
>
> George Loch

Assuming you mean:
	http://www.bhpower.com/support/lspeed.htm

They don't really have a lot of technical information on their website,
so I assume one of the first steps is to get more information (directly
from them perhaps) about how their systems allows integration with other
software / data sources.  For example, if they have a hourly CSV import
setup, then you would customize IC to fit to that.  If they prefer a
direct ODBC (being Windows and all) insert, then you can customize IC to
do that.

Do you already know a lot about the system and how it integrates with
other software?  If so, then it only becomes a question of how to do you
make IC do what they want.  If not, then it means you get out the
disassembler and start hacking.  ;-)

Dan Browning
Kavod Technologies

PS.  It is preferred that you quote within the context that you are
referring to, like I am now.