[ic] Damn We're sorry problem

Marty Tennison interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Thu Nov 29 10:21:01 2001

Have you tried building the catalog with INET mode instead of UNIX mode?
INET mode works great for me and UNIX mode does not.

-----Original Message-----
From: interchange-users-admin@interchange.redhat.com
[mailto:interchange-users-admin@interchange.redhat.com]On Behalf Of
radioman
Sent: Wednesday, November 28, 2001 2:59 PM
To: interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Subject: [ic] Damn We're sorry problem

Hi Folks!

I am sure that all of you guys has heard of my Interchange problem.
It is the notorious: We're sorry, the Interchange server is
unavaible...:
Problem when I click on the link to enter the customers or admin
interface
(http://127.0.0.1/foundation).
I have really read every topic about this prob but no lucky result.
My both error.logs are completly ok (cat error.log in the cat dir and
the error.log in the interchange dir).
Interchange.cfg is also configured correctly.
So the last thing that might be wrong is ther permission on the
/cgi-bin/foundation and/or on the catalog directory. So, what are the
permissions
On this file and the cat dir?
Foundation in cgi-bin is set to 4555 chmod and the cat dir to 2770
chmod.
Pls help me out. Both chown to user interch...
My Interchange daemon starts without any prob (su -c
/usr/lib/interchange/bin/interchange -r" interch).
Perhaps the test_foundation database should be changed (permissions and
user)?? Currently set to: mysql daemon
Or when I run makecat I have tried both letters vor a multi user cat
config (M, G). But no difference...
So guys I would be very glad if I could solve my prob because it is
going on my nerves since 5 days.

Thank you very much