[ic] Priority Mail

Thu Nov 29 19:05:00 2001

On Thu, 29 Nov 2001 steve@moddepot.com wrote:

>>How can I get priority mail working? I've tried everything and it just wont
>>show as a option. I have the zone and price charts. Please help ASAP since I
>>need to convert my business to usps cause FedEx has screwed me 3 times so
>>far.

Did it feel good? FedEx is very good at it. But, they are not as good at it
as UPS.

Here's the short course in using Priority Mail.

shipping.asc has got have entries in it for Priority. Here is mine:

uspspm  Priority Mail   weight  0       0       e Nothing to ship!

uspspm  Priority Mail   weight  0       150     u PriorityMail [value
name=zip filter=digits default=22306] {}

uspspm  Priority Mail   weight  150     999999  e @@TOTAL@@ lbs too
heavy for Priority Mail {}

That is actually 3 lines, and the columns are tab delimited.

My zone table 220.csv, has had a column added to it called 'Priority Mail'
which matches the second column in shipping.asc. In 220.csv I added a column
labeled 'Priority Mail' and populated it with the data in the first column
for UPS Ground. It seems pretty close.

My rate tables are in PriorityMail.csv. Someone on the list made them up and
posted them. Pattern them after whatever tables you presently have.

I think that you need a PriorityMail.csv.numeric. I've got no idea what it
is, or why. Just make it. Pattern it after comparable ones in that
directory.

Go into dbconf/default_db (in my case). Copy something else to
PriorityMail.dbm and edit it to suit the Priority Mail names.

And, finally, go into country.txt and make sure that you have a line like
this:

US      US      fdxg fdxb fdxa uspspm   United States
   ^tab^  ^tab^                      ^tab^

The order that those shipping methods are in will determine the order that
they appear in in the drop-down menu.

I also recommend going into catalog.cfg and adjusting mv_shipmode to
Priority Mail.

Go in to the Admin interface and apply changes. And, then restart the
server.

Maybe some of these steps are superfluous and unneeded. I dunno. I just know
that I've added a few shipping methods this way and it works.

I hope that it works for you!

-= Jim =-

Tagline for Thursday, November 29, 2001 at 18:45 PM:
If you don't care where you are, then you ain't lost.

This Linux System has been up 99 hours