[ic] RE: How to upgrade from 4.8.2 to 4.8.3

Thu Nov 29 19:50:00 2001

Quoting juan@moshpitt.com (juan@moshpitt.com):
> Hi all,
>
> I would like to know what is the safest manner in which to upgrade from
> 4.8.2 to 4.8.3. without having to delete my current catalog and or change my
> SQL database, where data from version 4.8.2 resides?  I don't have CVS
> installed.  I tried to install CVS , but to no avail.    If anyone can help
> on what steps to take in reference to the above said question I would gladly
> appreciate it.  To an addition, I would also like to know how I can keep
> up-to date with new stable releases of interchange and some how have the
> newer version some how automatically implemented to a prior installed
> version ( something like an automated update command or process).

Pretty simple.

    1. Back up your current interchange software directory.

    2. Get the .tar.gz file and install, using the same
    interchange root.

    3. Restart.

That should be it. The backup is theoretically not necessary
if you haven't changed any of the distribution files, but I
recommend it anyway.

There is a regular procedure in the distribution file UPGRADE,
which is supposed to answer this question.

phone +1.513.523.7621      <mheins@redhat.com>

People who want to share their religious views with you
almost never want you to share yours with them. -- Dave Barry