[ic] Internationalization

Ron Phipps interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Fri Nov 30 17:35:35 2001

> From: interchange-users-admin@interchange.redhat.com
[mailto:interchange-

> Ron Phipps wrote:
> > That's good to hear.  I did find that it uses 'setlocale' which I
assume
> > is a Perl library for handling different currencies.  I'll look into
> > this further to see if it will do as the client needs it to.
>
> > Take it easy Dan and thanks for the help,
> > -Ron
> >

> Ron,
>
> What are you looking for specifically?  Help with multiple currencies?
> A specific language?  There may be some things we know about here in
the
> office that are not readily apparent in the docs or on the list...
>
> Dave

Hello Dave,

I was originally looking for which translations are included
'out-of-the-box' for the error messages and UI.  A client had asked if
Turkish was available and I was looking for that information.  Dan
replied with a list of translations that come with IC 4.8.3 and it
answered my question :)  I think to start out with I need to look into
setlocale to make sure it can handle Turkish currency (not sure what the
currency is called) then go from there with investigating how to build a
translation for Turkey.

Thanks for your help,
-Ron