[ic] AuthorizeNet.pm missing fields

Mon Oct 1 00:09:00 2001

Quoting Pann McCuaig (pann@ourmanpann.com):
> When you use Authorize.net as a CC gateway, at least the way my account
> is set up, you get a nice canned email from them for each successful
> order placed.
>
> I noticed that there are some fields missing. In particular, there are
> three variables called out in AuthorizeNet.pm that don't make it to the
> Anet email:
>
>         x_Invoice_Num   => $actual->{mv_order_number},
>         x_Company       => $actual->{company},
>         x_Phone         => $actual->{phone_day},
>
> The x_Company line is commented out. Remove the comment and add
> 'company' to the map in Payment.pm, and it comes through. '$actual' was
> misspelled, preventing x_Phone from working, and correcting the spelling
> caused it to show up on the Anet email as well.
>
> But mv_order_number has me stumped. It's also missing from the map in
> Payment.pm, but adding it doesn't help. And of all the missing values in
> this email, this one is pretty key.

This is the classic chicken before the egg thing. How can we assign
an order number if we aren't sure whether the card will be approved?
We could, but then there would be a "hole" every time a transaction
is declined.

The usual thing that is done is to assign some transitory order ID,
perhaps date/time/PID based, then use their assigned order reference
to collate the authorization with the order number.

phone +1.513.523.7621      <mheins@redhat.com>

Any man who is under 30, and is not liberal, has not heart; and any man
who is over 30, and is not a conservative, has not brains.
 -- Winston Churchill