[ic] Directing Where "process" takes place in an Aliased store

Christopher VanOosterhout interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Mon Oct 1 15:36:00 2001

I am working through the details of setting up some aliased stores.  Very
nifty ... and thanks to everyone for their help so far.

Now I am to the checkout page and running into a bit of difficulty.  After
searching the mailing list archives I am hoping someone from the list can
provide insight.

Here is what the URL for my checkout page looks like:

https://shop.marinedieseldirect.com/shipstore/process?id=9uBkfkCA&mv_pc=426
(where /shipstore/ is an alias for /cgi-bin/butterfly/ (the actual catalog
script) ... it is working just like I would want.)

However, when I click the submission button I get sent to a results page:

https://shop.marinedieseldirect.com/cgi-bin/butterfly/process?id=9uBkfkCA&mv_pc=449

this is more of a problem for me.  I would like to actual script name to
remain hidden and aliased.  So instead of /cgi-bin/butterfly/ it would
again be /shipstore/ as in the URL above.

The form tag in the check out page (pre-processed) is:

<form method=post action="[process secure=1]" size="20">

which in the browser turns into:

<form method=post
action="https://shop.marinedieseldirect.com/cgi-bin/butterfly/process?id=9uBkfkCA&mv_pc=449"
size="20">