[ic] IE6 and Cookies SOLVED

Mon Oct 1 18:36:00 2001

On Mon, 1 Oct 2001 mheins@redhat.com wrote:

>>Thank you for this information. The .htaccess file should not be
>>necessary; you can also just insert
>>
>>    <META HTTP-EQUIV="P3P=http://yoursite.com/p3p.xml">
>>
>>somewhere in your standard document header.

The validator is complaining that there are no P3P headers, even with this
in there.

It is also asking about a P3P compliant link.

Apparently, these are not critical to keeping IE6 happy, but having it find
something there would seem to round out the picture.

However, I'm only concerned with the minimal amount to keep the orders
rolling in :-)

It also appears that this stuff only needs to be at the entrance to the
site, the first page that they hit. It doesn't seem like we need to be
concerned about any subsequent pages - or, have I missed something?

Overall, this looks like a VERY easy obstacle to overcome - especially with
that great package!

-= Jim =-

Tagline for Monday, October 01, 2001 at 18:20 PM:
You're not losing more hair, you're gaining more scalp.

This Linux System has been up 168 hours