[ic] ui_display_only option in [table-editor]

Tue Oct 2 12:46:01 2001

At 11:44 AM 10/02/2001 -0400, you wrote:
>I'm guessing that the ui_display_only option in [table-editor] sets
>specified fields as "read only."  This would be great for setting aside the
>primary key for the table so that users couldn't add arbitrary records to
>the db.  I've tried:
>
>[table-editor
>   href=process
>   mv_nextpage=@@MV_PAGE@@
>
>   table=foo
>   key="value"
>   ui_data_fields="bar1 bar2 bar3..."
>
>   ui_display_only="bar1"
>
>  ]
>
>However, because bar1 shows up in the table-editor, the user can type
>'value2' for the key value.  This then creates a new record.  I would have
>expected [table-editor] to ignore any value in bar1.  Is there something I'm
>missing?
>
>TIA!

Zack - if you just want to protect the record key from being edited, try
setting ui_hide_key to '1'.  With regards to ui_display_only, you *may*
have found a bug - I took a look at the 4.8.2 UI and it does not appear to
be working in the places where it is used.  I have not gone any deeper, but
if I find anything out I will post it to the list.

- Ed L.

(866) 519-4680 Toll-Free       (530) 622-9426 Fax