[ic] Strange Error......

Matthew Schick interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Thu Oct 4 11:32:01 2001

Hey All,

	I seem to have run into an error that has me completely stumped.  I
have been running a catalog on IC 4.6x (kept updated via CVS) for about
8 or 9 months now and the following error started popping up about 3
days ago:

subshell.c: couldn't get terminal settings: Inappropriate ioctl for
device
Failed to open terminal./bin/sh: visaxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx8/03: No such file
or directory
SLang_getkey returned SLANG_GETKEY_ERROR
Assuming EOF on stdin and exiting

	As I understand it, the subshell.c error can be caused by incorrect or
missing /dev/tty or /dev/pty entries.  It can also be caused by a
corrupted bash installation.  I have checked, double checked and
rechecked all of the above with no success.  The server is running RH
7.1, with all packages updated (today as a matter of fact).

	And yes, the error is actually printing out the entire CC# after
'visa'.  My client has also had reports from customers stating that they
cannot place more than one or two items in their cart.  I don't know
what could have changed on the server to cause this confusion, but I'm
at my wit's end for ideas.....

Thanks for the help,
Matt