[ic] Interchange information required

Thu Oct 4 12:18:01 2001

At 08:32 AM 10/04/2001 -0700, you wrote:
>Hi all
>
>I heard about Interchange, got hold of it, installed
>it and it works fine. However, I am looking at setting
>up a B2B e-commerce hub with lots of sellers and lots
>of buyers - and Interchange seems to be geared to a
>B2C environment. Just one feature I would need would
>be different users logging in to the system would see
>different pricing for the same item etc etc. I know I
>haven't done my part in terms of trying customisation
>etc , but would really appreciate somebody just giving
>me their input on whether it is realistic of me to
>customize/modify this product into a B2B e-commerce
>hub ?? Thanks a million for your input. Theo Burger.

I have done it (actually in Minivend 3.14!), and IC is quite suitable for
building a B2B site, perhaps more so than most other eCommerce
offerings.  Just using the CommonAdjust feature in concert with various
table entries, we were able to create pricing variances at the
manufacturer, buying group, and individual member levels (and combinations
thereof), plus features like variable minimum order levels, automatic order
routing by manufacturer, etc.

You have your work cut out for you, but the platform is capable and the
tools are there.

- Ed L.

(866) 519-4680 Toll-Free       (530) 622-9426 Fax