[ic] Wanted: No database upload at IC start

Ron Phipps interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Thu Oct 4 15:54:02 2001

> From: interchange-users-admin@interchange.redhat.com
[mailto:interchange-
> users-admin@interchange.redhat.com] On Behalf Of wilant@grue.eppg.com
>
> Where can I configure IC to not drop all the tables and reload the
> foundation template when I start/restart IC (4.8.1)?

Taken from the online docs:

NoImport
When set to one or more Interchange database identifiers, those
database(s) will never be subject to import. Useful for SQL databases or
databases that will ``never'' change.

   NoImport   inventory

> Details:  Our goal:  To use one database for several catalogs.  So we
want
> to be able to restart stores at will, but not let this effect the data
> currently in the database.  Our database gets populated by outside
> scripts.
>
> I was hoping that there was a configuration option that I could take
> advantage of, but can't find one.  Is there code within
bin/interchange
> that I could comment out?

No need to comment out anything.  Set the NoImport directive in your
catalog.cfg for each table you do not want imported at startup.

See ya,
-Ron