[ic] backup with the full spreadsheet output

Dan Browning interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Thu Oct 4 19:39:03 2001

> Hi All,
>
> I have IC running for a significant cart. Would like to do
> some backups
> and move it to another machine as well.
>
> I have tried the spreadsheet output for all tables, ie create a
> spredsheet backup for a reload. It seems to run fine. Problem is
> the .xls file size is 0. If I run the normal export/default
> file all is
> ok and the files drop into the same directory on the server
> so it isn't
> protections.
>
> IC 4.8.2, RH7.1, Perl 5.6.0. Have all the perl modules installed but
> there were some hassles in getting the perl side to work originally.
> The IC has only some extremely minor cosmetic changes.
>
> Any ideas to check out.
>
> Different problem but we also have one item that is in
> (Admin) product
> and inventory, searchable etc just fine, but cannot be found in the
> main cart.  All the other products are setup the same and are working
> as expected. Another reason I would like to do a backup to
> spreadsheet,
> check it out and reload.
>
> Regards
> kevin
>
> (The recent problem of hidden admin tables was resolved by MikeH,
> thanks Mike)
>
> --
>    Kevin Manderson MBA, ExecDipEnt          Strategic IT and

It seems like a big hassle to do export/import.  Why not just copy the
catalog directory to the new box and add a line in interchange.cfg?  You can
bring your UI changes with you as well (I prefer a diff vs. the installed
ver).  HTH,

Dan Browning <danpb@mail.com>