[ic] interchange licenses

Morrie Wyatt interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Thu Oct 4 20:48:00 2001

Answer is simple.
If you use GNU based code in your creation, you must
also relase your code under the same license.

You retain the copyright to your own code
(ie, nobody else can copyright your code), but
must supply or make available your code under
the GPL provisions.

If you want to hold full copyright you will have to
do it without the use of GNU tools.

The way to generate revenue from GNU code is by means
of providing a service and charging for the service
component, not the software itself.

Also keep in mind Perl's "artistic license" which
you will also need to comply to.

Regards,
Morrie.

Morrie Wyatt (morrie@mtiqualos.com.au)
M.T.I. Qualos Pty. Ltd.
55 Northern Rd. West Heidelberg Vic. 3081
Ph: (03)9450-1900   Fax: (03)9450-1947