[ic] Permission problems / ExecCGI option on?

Ross Cousens interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Thu Oct 4 23:17:01 2001

Josh,
I posted a while ago the steps I went through to get IC working on a RaQ4.
Basically from scratch what I did, create a new site, make user interch
under new site, configure and install interch, ie
/home/sites/site1/users/interch/interchange for the installation, and then
/home/sites/site1/users/interch/catalogs for catalog directories. Edit
/etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf, and for the <VirtualHost> tag for site1, I put
the following line in:

AddHandler cgi-script .ic

Then in access.conf I put:

<Directory /home/sites/site1/web>
AllowOverride All
Options All
</Directory>

Then when running makecat, base path was /home/site/site1/web, no cgi
directory, and cgi url was shop1.ic or foundation.ic or whatnot.

Not sure how picky Apache is on syntax and whether that trailing slash makes
a difference (/home/web/), though I would assume not. The other
consideration is I thought /home/sites/home was controlled by the admin
server (a different instance of Apache), where as the /home/sites directory
and subdirs besides /home were controlled by the normal http server.

Best of luck,
Ross Cousens