[ic] mv_credit_card_reference

Fri Oct 5 14:11:00 2001

Quoting Javier Martin (martin@trymedia.com):
> IC 4.8.2, quick question:
>
> I wish to do the following in my order profile:
>

> &credit_card=standard keep
>
> [perl]
>    # do something with $::Values->{mv_credit_card_reference};
> [/perl]
>

> As far as I know the &credit_card pragma takes the credit card info held in
> the variables mv_credit_card_number, mv_credit_card_exp_month, etc.
> validates them and then places a shortened version of the CC in the variable
> mv_credit_card_reference. I would like to use this variable from a perl
> portion of code right after the pragma, but the variable appears empty. Is
> it that [perl]...[/perl] is evaluated BEFORE the execution of &credit_card?

Yes.

If you want to do it inline, i.e. after the &credit_card, do:

&calc=<<EOF
    # do something with $::Values->{mv_credit_card_reference};
EOF

Make sure that returns a true value, otherwise the profile will
fail. You would be required to set any errors in $Session->{errors}
yourself.

If you need to open any tables, make sure you put a

    [perl tables="table"][/perl]

somewhere in the profile so you won't error out during run of
tag_data or such.

phone +1.513.523.7621      <mheins@redhat.com>

relations, for Nature cannot be fooled. -- Dick Feynman