[ic] custom pricing

Tim Watts interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Fri Oct 5 17:43:01 2001

Quoting RobertTrembath (robert@lanstar.com) 10/5/01 4:35 PM:

> About a month ago I sent a message to the list about setting
> up some custom pricing and, based on the response I received, I set up a
> MFG price in the Price field and the price I want to sell for in the Q2
> field. I then set the PriceField to read Q2 in the catalog.cfg file.
> Needless to say, no dice. I want to read the actual sell price from the
> q2 field for the cart and checkout sections. I want to use the values in
> Price as a manufacturer list price for display only. If some one has
> done something similar please share it with us on the list so it can be
> included with the docs. This is a valuable feature and everything I've
> tried doesn't work.

Robert,

BTW - I left this out of last post - we're using IC 4.6.5
otherwise this post is identical!

Don't know if this will help, but we use special pricing for club members.
It took me a while to figure this out, but once implemented, it works
flawlessly.
-------------------
In products db added a column for club pricing:

sku   ...   price   club
XXX   ...   10.00   5.00
--------------------
In userdb db added column for club member number:

username   ...   club_member
johndoe    ...   BC20011005DOE
--------------------
In catalog.cfg added Locale for club pricing:

pricePriceField   price
Locale  club_price  PriceField  club
--------------------
On top of cart and checkout pages use the following to acheive club
pricing if customer is a club member or purchases club membership.
*** IMPORTANT ***
Also put the same code at the top of the log_transaction file to ensure
special pricing is used for the final calculations.

[if value club_member]
    [setlocale club_price en_US]
    [else]
        [if ordered __CLUB__]
            [setlocale club_price en_US]
            [else]
                [setlocale]
            [/else]
        [/if]
    [/else]
[/if]

then at the bottom of the cart and checkout pages use the following to clear
the special pricing in case they remove the membership from their cart:

[setlocale]

this ensures that the requirements are met each time the page is loaded.

NOTE: __CLUB__ is the sku for the membership, set in variables,
so if shop owner ever changes sku, we just change it in one place.

You're welcome to try it out at http://coast2coastmusic.com/cgi-bin/cart/

We're having some trouble with the server, as noted in some previous posts
concerning error messages. Please be patient, and you can see how it works.

Tim