[ic] Scratch and session variables

Steffen Dettmer interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Sat Oct 6 08:58:01 2001

Hi,

just a quick question. In the docs is mentioned, scratch
variables are maintained in the user session. Additionally, there
are session variables. Well, and the session can be accessed
similar like a database table via [data]. Can I imagine (all) scratch
variables like a value of a (single) session attribute? I mean:

session { username => steffen,
          scratch => { mv_something => value, x => y },
	  other => value };

Otherwise I cannot understand why it's necessary to have both
session and scratch variables...

oki,

Steffen