[ic] Strange Error...... DOH!

Matthew Schick interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Sat Oct 6 22:15:01 2001

Hmmmmm..... Gotta love an obvious solution!

Turns out, my client had gone thru the Admin section and changed a whole
bunch of the variables.  I have no idea which one(s) triggered the
errors, but ENCRYPTOR and MV_PAYMENT_MODE were just a couple.

Gotta love it when ya spend hours trying to fix everything under the
sun, only to find the cause is that proverbial 'short betwixt the seat
and the keyboard'  <g>

Thanks!

On Thu, 2001-10-04 at 12:35, Matthew Schick wrote:
    On Thu, 2001-10-04 at 11:26, cfm@maine.com wrote:
        On Thu, Oct 04, 2001 at 10:31:15AM -0500, Matthew Schick wrote:
        > Hey All,
        >
        > 	I seem to have run into an error that has me completely stumped.  I
        > have been running a catalog on IC 4.6x (kept updated via CVS) for about
        > 8 or 9 months now and the following error started popping up about 3
        > days ago:
        >

        > subshell.c: couldn't get terminal settings: Inappropriate ioctl for
        > device
        > Failed to open terminal./bin/sh: visaxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx8/03: No such file
        > or directory
        > SLang_getkey returned SLANG_GETKEY_ERROR
        > Assuming EOF on stdin and exiting
        >

        > 	As I understand it, the subshell.c error can be caused by incorrect or
        > missing /dev/tty or /dev/pty entries.  It can also be caused by a
        > corrupted bash installation.  I have checked, double checked and
        > rechecked all of the above with no success.  The server is running RH
        > 7.1, with all packages updated (today as a matter of fact).

        That looks to me like your encryption routine is expecting a terminal; that
        reminds me of how some scripted ssh sessions broke maybe 6 months ago (debian).
        Check that your keys work.  Check the way you call the encryptor.

    I'll double check, but nothing changed here before this happened.....
    That's the puzzle....

        > 	And yes, the error is actually printing out the entire CC# after
        > 'visa'.  My client has also had reports from customers stating that they
        > cannot place more than one or two items in their cart.  I don't know
        > what could have changed on the server to cause this confusion, but I'm
        > at my wit's end for ideas.....

        Maybe "7.1, with all packages updated (today as a matter of fact)."  :-)

    I upgraded today to see if there was a glitch that the updated packages
    from RH would fix, but the problem started before this.....