[ic] Re: YOUR ADMIN ICONS NOT BEING DISPLAYED

Matthew Schick interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Mon Oct 8 15:07:00 2001

On Mon, 2001-10-08 at 13:29, john@hambleton.com wrote:
    Ryan:

    I just noticed this happened to me, also.  I checked the path (as suggested
    by Matt Schick for
    UI_IMAGE_DIR) in  '{catalog/}products/variables.txt' and noticed that it was
    always set to
    "interchange" and when I checked the source when the browser tried to fetch
    (eg.) the page and it
    looked like "http//{hostname}/interchange/en_US/redhat_logo.gif" which does
    not exist.

Is '{hostname}' actually what's in the url?  If so, it looks like the
variable isn't getting properly interpreted.

    I ended up putting those images in
    '{catalog/}admin_pages/en_US/redhat_logo.gif' and set the
    UI_IMAGE_DIR to '{catalog}/admin_pages'.  It works but
    this is really bogus.  Something has happened in 4.8.2 to make this fail.

    What did you do to correct this problem?

    John G. Hambleton
    eTechnical Solutions Inc.
    Solutions for the New Economy

    voice: (760)413-6305