[ic] (no subject)

Mon Oct 8 16:26:01 2001

Quoting Brian Kosick (briank@nacs.net):
> At 11:22 AM 10/8/01 -0700, you wrote:
> <snip>
> >I don't use the UI but the query tag does use ml=XX to limit result sets
> >and perhaps it defaults to 50?
> >
> >Try setting ml to a higher number and see what happens.
> >
> >Kyle

> OK I modified ByAffiliate.html, Monthly.html, and Details.html query tags
> to read
> [query
>          st=db
>          table=transactions
>          hashref=main
>           ml=9999
>          sql="<snip>
>          "][/query]
>
> that is I added the ml=9999 to them...  Now, It works great!   However, how
> would this fix future updates? without me having to modify these every
> time?  It seems like more of a work around than a fix.  Is there a separate
> MatchLimit for the admin UI?  If so, where would I modify it?

You must be using DBM, which is not at all recommended for this. Normally
query returns more results (when it is SQL), but there is a matchlimit
default in the Vend::DbSearch used for DBM types.

You should really, really, either switch to SQL or use another method of
reporting. If your number of orders gets into the thousands with DBM, it
will take forever to build the report.

We strongly recommend using SQL for the userdb, orderline, and
transactions tables of any busy system.

That being said, I have added ml=100000 to each of those queries
and it will be there in the next release.  Thanks for the report.

phone +1.513.523.7621      <mheins@redhat.com>

Clothes make the man.  Naked people have little or no influence on
society.  -- Mark Twain