[ic] IC 4.8.2 Segmentation fault and core dumped

Joachim Leidinger interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Tue Oct 9 05:13:03 2001

Hi List,

I've new informations.

With

---snip interchange.cfg -------
# Set to 1 to include back-end administration interface.
Variable  UI  1

# Set to "low", "high", or "rpc" to get different server parameters.
Variable  TRAFFIC  low
#Variable  TRAFFIC  rpc
---snip interchange.cfg -------

I get

-------- snip ----------
> bin/interchange -u
Low traffic settings.
"mode" is not defined in %Fcntl::EXPORT_TAGS at bin/interchange line
2717
Calling UI......UI is loaded...
Interchange V4.8.2
Configuring catalog fondation...Using default DBM database...done.
Segmentation fault (core dumped)
Exit 139
-------- snip ----------

With

---snip interchange.cfg -------
# Set to 1 to include back-end administration interface.
Variable  UI  0

# Set to "low", "high", or "rpc" to get different server parameters.
Variable  TRAFFIC  low
#Variable  TRAFFIC  rpc
---snip interchange.cfg -------

I get

-------- snip ----------
> bin/interchange -u
Low traffic settings.
Interchange V4.8.2
Configuring catalog fondation...Required UserTag table_editor not
present. Aborting catalog.
In line 11 of the configuration file 'catalog.cfg':
Require UserTag   email email_raw var loc table_editor button

fondation config error: Required UserTag table_editor not present.
Aborting catalog.
In line 11 of the configuration file 'catalog.cfg':
Require UserTag   email email_raw var loc table_editor button

fondation: error in configuration. Skipping.
fondation: config error. Skipping.
Interchange server started in UNIX mode(s) (process id 14391)
-------- snip ----------

Copying from .../dist/lib/UI/usertag/table_editor.tag to
/path-to-IC-4.8.2/usertag solve it.
But at the first time, bin/makecat copy the new vlink from bin/vlink
into my cgi-bin directory and I'm not able to see the fondation shop.
The both link files are very big (bigger than 20 KB). Delting the both
link files and building a new link files show me, both files is not
bigger than 8 KB.

-------- snip ----------
#ls -al *link
-r-xr-xr-x  1 mvend  mvend  10001 Oct  9 10:29 compile_link
-rwxr-xr-x  1 mvend  mvend   7584 Oct  9 11:04 tlink
-rwxr-xr-x  1 mvend  mvend   7200 Oct  9 11:04 vlink
-------- snip ----------

Using with that file make the fondation shop available now.

But using

---snip interchange.cfg -------
# Set to 1 to include back-end administration interface.
Variable  UI  1

# Set to "low", "high", or "rpc" to get different server parameters.
Variable  TRAFFIC  low
#Variable  TRAFFIC  rpc
---snip interchange.cfg -------

again, I get

-------- snip ----------
> bin/interchange -u
Low traffic settings.
"mode" is not defined in %Fcntl::EXPORT_TAGS at bin/interchange line
2717
Calling UI......UI is loaded...
Interchange V4.8.2
Configuring catalog fondation...Using default DBM database...done.
Segmentation fault (core dumped)
Exit 139

Why?

Is something wrong with .configure oder Makefile.PL from IC 4.8.2?

Thanks!

ciao

Joachim

--
Hans-Joachim Leidinger | Dipl.-Phys.Ing. Entwicklung eCommerce
[Hans-Joachim.leidinger@bpanet.de]