[ic] Multiple shipping tables based on affiliate

Dave Barr interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Tue Oct 9 08:03:02 2001

(IC 4.6.5, Debian 2.2-17, MySQL 3.22, Perl 5.005-03)

Hi People,

I have a question regarding the feasibility of having different
shipping tables based on affiliates using the mv_pc=foo_shop1,
mv_pc=bar_shop2. I have created a site that has one database but many
different faces depending on the affiliate, up till now there was a
central fulfillment house but that has now changed and I need to
create different shipping tables for each affiliate.

I should point out that I *do not* wish to have separate shops at
this time, this is part of a long term strategy that in the future
will allow the sharing of shops contents betwixt several shops using
a switch in the affiliates db so that they can be independent or part
of a mall.

Order routing was easy enough to implement, but the shipping has got
me stumped, if any one has any suggestions / pointers that would help
kick start me off in the right direction I would be very very
grateful.

Kind regards
Dave Barr