[ic] IC 4.8.2 Segmentation fault and core dumped

Joachim Leidinger interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Tue Oct 9 09:43:03 2001

Mike Heins wrote:

> Quoting Joachim Leidinger (jojo@blackpoint.de):
> > Hi List,
> >
> > I try to use the mailarchives with
> > http://developer.akopia.com/cgi-bin/htsearch with no luck. Is the
> > mailarchivs down?
> >
> > I've fetched IC 4.8.2 and after Installation, I get a "segmentation
> > fault (core dumped) and I'm missing the v/tlink source from
> > /path-to-IC-4.8.2/src! There are no source files of vlink and tlink.
> > Why?
> > IC 4.8.1 runs fine without any trouble. What is the cause? I use FreeBSD
> > 4.3!
>
> I believe this is a bug in the distribution FreeBSD Perl, I believe.
> Why it manifests itself in 4.8.2 but not 4.8.1 I don't know -- probably
> the way the memory lines up.

Very strange! IC 4.8.1 is running well and fine and has the $0 = ...
lines, which don't cause any errors or problems.

> In any case, if you rebuild Perl and put setproctitle=define I think
> it works fine....

Hmmm...do you mean rebuilding Perl with the compilerflag like
"setproctitle=define"?
Current, I've no clue to do that! Sorry!
Are there any FreeBSD user, who can point me to do that?

Thanks!

ciao

Joachim

--
Hans-Joachim Leidinger | Dipl.-Phys.Ing. Entwicklung eCommerce
[Hans-Joachim.leidinger@bpanet.de]