[ic] CSI Linkpoint API woes !!

Tue Oct 9 12:45:04 2001

Quoting Thomas Cherryhomes (thomas@openminds.tv):
> I have a globalsub included in my interchange.cfg (I saved it as
> eg/globalsub/linkpt)... And I seem to be getting the following error
> when starting up Interchange:
>
> - - - [05/October/2001:00:22:51 -0500] - - Bad GlobalSub 'linkpt'
> > In line 144 of the configuration file 'eg/globalsub/linkpt':
> > GlobalSub <<EOF

Of course it fails. There is a syntax error in the code somewhere,
even presuming LPERL.pm is being found.

    Backslash found where operator expected at - line 144, near "}\"
	    (Missing operator before \?)
    syntax error at - line 144, near "}\"
    Unquoted string "n" may clash with future reserved word at - line 144.
    String found where operator expected at - line 144, at end of line
	    (Missing semicolon on previous line?)
    Can't find string terminator '"' anywhere before EOF at - line 144.

And it looks like that is just for starters.

If you are cutting and pasting globalsubs on your Windows box,
and cannot detect a Perl syntax error, you are doomed before
you start. I think you need a consultant.

phone +1.513.523.7621      <mheins@redhat.com>

People who want to share their religious views with you
almost never want you to share yours with them. -- Dave Barry