[ic] Authorize.net referer

Laura interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Tue Oct 9 21:21:00 2001

Thanks so much! It worked.

Laura

----- Original Message -----
From: "Kyle Cook" <kyle@invisio.com>
To: <interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com>
Sent: Tuesday, October 09, 2001 8:42 PM
Subject: Re: [ic] Authorize.net referer

At 04:16 PM 10/9/01, you wrote:
>I am trying to set up my authorize.net info through the IC wizard...I got
>the first 3 feilds but the last field asks for a "valid referer". Does
>anyone know what this is referring to?
>
>Laura

Laura,

Authorizenet has a "feature" to allow you to put in a url (referring page)
so
that it will only accept submission from this "url". Last time I looked,
this
was optional at Authorizenet.

I believe that you can set this url to whatever you wish (does not even need
reflect a "real" page) IE:

www.mydomain.com/junk.html

Then in IC for valid referer you would put in the same url, then when ic
communicates to Authorizenet it will claim to be coming from this url
so that Authorizenet will process the order.

I don't know if IC requires something be placed here, but if your not
using the feature at Authorizenet, and if IC requires something, just
make up a url and it should work.

Hope this helps,

Kyle Cook