Perl vs. Calc (was: Re: [ic] Tips from Racke)

Stefan Hornburg Racke interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Wed Oct 10 14:38:01 2001

Mike Heins <mheins@redhat.com> writes:

> The price is too great. We must pre-open the tables, meaning that we muswt
> import them.
>
> > It would be of much benefit, particularly when using the $Tag->
> > reference in [perl], because if that $Tag-> touches any tables (like
> > $Tag->shipping())you must include all those tables in the tables list
> > anyway (at least that was the case in 4.6.x, I admit I have not tried it in
> > 4.8).
> >

> Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Depends on what your DBD driver
> does. If it does a runtime require when the DB handle is created, then
> it will not and cannot work with Safe.

It would help much if we can pass the table names in a UserTag parameter,
so the caller open's the tables.

Ciao
        Racke

--
Racke happily hacks Interchange and maintains Debian packages like Courier.

For projects and other business stuff please refer to COBOLT NetServices