Perl vs. Calc (was: Re: [ic] Tips from Racke)

Wed Oct 10 16:22:00 2001

Quoting Stefan Hornburg (Racke) (racke@linuxia.de):
> Mike Heins <mheins@redhat.com> writes:
>

> > The price is too great. We must pre-open the tables, meaning that we muswt
> > import them.
> >
> > > It would be of much benefit, particularly when using the $Tag->
> > > reference in [perl], because if that $Tag-> touches any tables (like
> > > $Tag->shipping())you must include all those tables in the tables list
> > > anyway (at least that was the case in 4.6.x, I admit I have not tried it in
> > > 4.8).
> > >

> > Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Depends on what your DBD driver
> > does. If it does a runtime require when the DB handle is created, then
> > it will not and cannot work with Safe.
>
> It would help much if we can pass the table names in a UserTag parameter,
> so the caller open's the tables.

Nope, chicken and egg. If the $Tag is called under Safe, then that will
not work.

phone +1.513.523.7621      <mheins@redhat.com>

How far can you open your mind before your brains fall out?