[ic] Chained pricing with multiple discounts

Thu Oct 11 18:23:01 2001

On Thu, 11 Oct 2001, Corey Gilmore wrote:

CG>>Basically, I need multiple prices for one sku; with a twist.
CG>>
CG>>Each price will have the following components:
CG>>
CG>>Base Price, quantity discount prices, and early bird discount.
CG>>
CG>>EB Discount is a timed discount based on the built timed promotions.  The
CG>>early bird discount would be different for each pricing level.
CG>>
CG>>eg,
CG>>		Base	EB Discount	Misc. Quantity Discounts
CG>>One Day 	100	10		q1, q5, q6, q10 etc
CG>>Two Day		190	25		q1, q5, q6, q10 etc
CG>>Three Day	250	40		q1, q5, q6, q10 etc
CG>>
CG>>The EB Discount is not any based on any derivable formula.

I admire your question!

I have 'Happy Hour' in my store. On the main page I set the parameter to
discount the entire order by xx%. This works well for me except that I can't
get it to report to me on the e-mail what the discount was, nor can I get it
to give a specific discount on the check-oout page. However, they can see
the discount reflected in their cart total.

I'm giving quantity discounts on most everything I sell.

I'll be happy to share any of this if it seems like it might help!

-= Jim =-

Tagline for Thursday, October 11, 2001 at 18:20 PM:
Be nice to other people, they outnumber you 5.5 billion to 1.

This Linux System has been up 408 hours