[ic] Chained pricing with multiple discounts

Matthew Schick interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Thu Oct 11 19:00:01 2001

On Thu, 2001-10-11 at 17:26, Jim Balcom wrote:
<snip>

    I admire your question!

    I have 'Happy Hour' in my store. On the main page I set the parameter to
    discount the entire order by xx%. This works well for me except that I can't
    get it to report to me on the e-mail what the discount was, nor can I get it
    to give a specific discount on the check-oout page. However, they can see
    the discount reflected in their cart total.

<snip>

I have a catalog that is giving a one-time discount of %15 for new
accounts, and I ran into the same problem.  I came across the answer on
one of my 2am searches through the list archives, so I don't remember
who this really belongs to, but here's the code....

Replace the lines in a stock 4.8.2 checkout page (line 186) and/or cart
component:

	[if items]
        [then]
        [item-list modular=1]
with
	[set full_total][/set]
        [if items]
        [then]
        [item-list modular=1]
	[seti full_total]
	[calc]
	[scratch full_total] +([item-price noformat=1]*[item-quantity])
	[/calc][/seti]

to get a starting point for your discount;

then add

[seti coupon_amount][calc][scratch full_total] * .15[/calc][/seti]

at about line 263 (again checkout.html) to get the scratch variable that
will display your discounted total.

I seem to remember the placement to be kinda crucial, at least in 4.6.5,
hence the line numbers but your mileage may vary....

Enjoy!

--
Matthew Schick, BRP Internet Solutions
matt@brightredproductions.com