[ic] How to use the [error] tag correctly?

Steffen Dettmer interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Fri Oct 12 11:27:59 2001

Hi,

I've playing with the [error] tag on a checkout page.

Not surprising, the form is a table with a description and a
input type text. When I use [error], and a check condidtion is
violated, the std_label gets printed. But when there is no error,
there is no label on my Input field. My code:

	given name
	[error name=fname std_label="given name" required=1 show_label=0]
	<INPUT TYPE=text NAME=fname VALUE="[value fname]">

Even with show_label=0 (or no show_label at all) the label (given
name) gets displayed - on errors. I want at least to have give
name not twice on error, but I would prefere to have [error] to
output the label (in normal color) even when there was no error.
This would be the shortest way to make such forms: labeling all
just with the [error std_label]. Is this possible?

Second, [error] displays english messages, i.e. "blank". Is this
hardcoded in ./lib/Vend/Order.pm or is it possible to change the
messages (I think my german customers would prefere german
messages :))?

oki,

Steffen