[ic] url encode question

Sat Oct 13 01:43:00 2001

At 04:25 PM 10/12/2001 +0200, you wrote:
>Hi List,
>
>does anyone knows, when is a url encoded by IC?
>I can find a %20 for a whitespace only. But where is %FC (a german
>umlaut for u with two dots over u like ü) coming from in my URL bar
>of my browser?
>
>Any informations?
>
>Thanks!
>
>Joachim

Joachim -

Was it you who posted a similar question about this issue yesterday?:

>I noticed a strange misbehavior with NS/IE and WINDOWS.
>I've NS 6.1, IE 5.5 and WIN 2K!
>
>First of all, I get a results page with NS 4.77 for Unix. The URL is
>
>http://www.ordnungssinn.de/cgi-bin/shop/scan/su=1/se=Schlüssel
>(Schlüssel = Schluessel with german umlaut u" like ü = key)
>
>With NS under WIN 2K, typing the URL
>
>http://www.ordnungssinn.de/cgi-bin/shop/scan/su=1/se=Schlüssel
>
>into the URL bar, the URL bar is changing to
>
>http://www.ordnungssinn.de/cgi-bin/shop/scan/su=1/se=Schl%C3%BCssel

I was able to duplicate this behavior - but it is not Interchange that is
doing the conversion, it is Internet Explorer. As you mentioned in your own
post, the problem does not occur with Netscape Navigator.  You might want
to search the Microsoft site for reports and/or sotlutions.  Bill Gates
deserves a giant raspberry for this - down with Windows XP!

- Ed L.

(866) 519-4680 Toll-Free       (530) 622-9426 Fax