[ic] MV_DOLLAR_ZERO question and tips/hints for MV/IC hosterquestion

Joachim Leidinger interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Mon Oct 15 15:10:01 2001

Ed LaFrance wrote:
> >I saw a MV_DOLLAR_ZERO in line 56 of bin/interchange. What is this
> >variable for?
>
> Not what your hoping for, I'm afraid.  $0 is a special Perl variable in
> which the program "remembers" it's own name; the interchange program just
> sets it to something more meaningful than 'perl', and it looks like you can
> define an global variable MV_DOLLAR_ZERO in interchange.cfg if you want to
> give it a name of your own:
>
> Variable MV_DOLLAR_ZERO  ic_shop
>
> ...and now if you do a ps the interchange process should show up as
> 'ic_shop' instead of 'interchange'. UNTESTED.
>
> - Ed L.

Ed,

that was my first thought too. But I hope I can define this global
variable MV_DOLLAR_ZERO in each catalog.cfg file instead of on
interchange.cfg file only.

Joachim

--
Hans-Joachim Leidinger | Dipl.-Phys.Ing. Entwicklung eCommerce
[Hans-Joachim.leidinger@bpanet.de]