[ic] Bug or what ??

Jon Jensen interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Tue Oct 16 12:08:09 2001

On Tue, 16 Oct 2001, root wrote:

> Is it possible that makecat has a bug ? Because if you make a new catalog it
> changes the file /usr/lib/interchange/interchange.cfg, but this has no effect
> because the this interchange.cfg is not used by the Interchangeserver, the
> Server uses the file /etc/interchange.cfg :( And the makecat Command dont
> update the file /etc/interchange.cfg .
>
> I use v4.8.2 and RedHat 7.1.

I presume you're using the RPM version of Interchange 4.8.2.

/usr/lib/interchange/interchange.cfg is just a symbolic link to
/etc/interchange.cfg, so it doesn't matter which one you change. If
makecat can't change /etc/interchange.cfg, it's probably because you're
running makecat as the wrong user. Do it as user 'interch' and you should
be ok, or 'root' if you want to rule out any user-permissions problems.

Jon