[ic] mv_credit_card_reference

Javier Martin interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Tue Oct 16 13:20:01 2001

> Isn't there a [perl allowglobal=1] or some such?  Alternatively, what
> we've done here is create a variant on [perl] tag in Interpolate.pm that
> does NOT use Safe; we make heavy use of system calls and external scripts.
>
> If you know how to write that you are aware of the downside; it's not
>  a useful or recommended approach for typical catalog.  :-)

Thanks for your answer, Christopher.

I would prefer not modifying the interchange server itself unless completely
needed, because that means additional complexity on delivering the catalog:
you have to patch into /usr/lib/interchange, also maintain patches according
to the IC version, etc... The addition of new tags to
/usr/lib/interchange/usertag is the maximum I can afford.

And relating to the system calls, I will also prefer not calling any
external process. This means taking care of additional security risks
(escaping hazardous characters, etc.), and the least permissions I have to
take care of, the best for the delivery process.

Also, if the get-url tag uses LWP and works, why doesn't my tag using POST
instead of GET have to work as well?

Javier