[ic] Maintaining Session

Tue Oct 16 13:31:01 2001

Quoting Ed LaFrance (edl@newmediaems.com):
> At 07:04 PM 10/16/2001 -0500, you wrote:
> >hi all,
> >         how can we maintain the session using ITL, when we send and process
> >data from interchange to an external server(in a separate window).
> >
> >thanks in advance.
> >joy.
>
> Send the session id to the remote process in a cgi string:
>
> http://www.someurl.com/some/path/page.html?id=nnnnnnnn
>
> ...where 'nnnnnnnn' is the 8-character IC session id; you can invoke it
> with [data session id] when building your remote url.  Then just tack in
> into your return-to-catalog url.

If the remote system doesn't allow you to specify the name of
the variable, you can do:

	Variable  MV_SESSION_ID  sessionvar

Then if a http://...../cat?sessionvar=XXXXXXXX comes in, it will be
recognized.

You can also make this global with:

	VarName   sessionvar  mv_session_id

which will automagically translate sessionvar to mv_session_id at
HTTP time. Of course it will prevent any real variable named sessionvar
from being passed in via HTTP.

phone +1.513.523.7621      <mheins@redhat.com>

Experience is what allows you to recognize a mistake the second
time you make it. -- unknown