[ic] Repeat Unanswered: Shopping Cart Component modification questions

Anthony W. Juckel interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Tue Oct 16 13:36:01 2001

I posted a message on the mailing list a few weeks back asking about a
problem I was having while trying to modify the shopping cart component.
 I received no reply and have since seen at least one other person ask a
very similar question, again, receiving no reply.  I just thought I
would ask the question again, and share the information I have
discovered since my initial post.

First of all, the situation boils down to this:  I am unable to change
the component parameters for the shopping cart component delivered with
foundation.  I can change parameters for other components, and I can
change the body of the cart component, but I cannot modify the
parameters [comment].*[/comment].  I've saved and resaved the changes to
the file templates/component/cart, I've restarted the interchange
server.  Heck, I've even since traced through and put debugging messages
in interchange/lib/Vend/Util.pm and
interchange/lib/UI/usertag/read_ui_template.tag to make sure that the
code was reading the correct file.  I can see the changes that I saved
in the debugging messages, but I cannot see the effect of those changes
on the Page Edit page within the interchange backend.

My only guess is that there is some sort of caching or default behavior
that I have to override, but I am completely unsure how.  I've checked
all the interchange documentation that I can find, and have spent hours
looking over the code trying to trace the data from request to display,
but I can find nothing amiss.  I can find no reason for my changes not
to be displayed.  If anyone could give me some pointers on this, I would
be most appreciative.  Has anyone else run into this same problem?  Have
others modified their cart component without incident?  Anything
information could be helpful.

Anthony W. Juckel
Using Interchange 4.8.2 on Redhat 7.0 with perl 5.6.0 and the latest
modules downloaded from CPAN.