[ic] [Fwd: Naming of RedHat IC Servers]

Barry Treahy, Jr. interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Tue Oct 16 14:42:01 2001

--------------88AD7A424A46ACB343520258

--

Barry Treahy, Jr  *  Midwest Microwave  *  Vice President & CIO

E-mail: Treahy@mmaz.com * Phone: 480/314-1320 * FAX: 480/661-7028

--------------88AD7A424A46ACB343520258

Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2001 11:38:38 -0700
From: "Barry Treahy, Jr." <Treahy@mmaz.com>
To: Interchange Users Group <interchange-users@minivend.com>
CC: ginsberg@redhat.com
Subject: Naming of RedHat IC Servers

This probably isn't the best location to voice an objection of this
nature, but who within RedHat either lacks the maturity or sensibilities
to name one of your external servers Anthrax?

[root@mml2 akopia.com]# ftp ftp.akopia.com
Connected to anthrax.interchange.redhat.com.

Personally, I believe there are greater concerns than Anthrax, but I
have a lot of people under my responsibility (typically of the female
gender) that have been shaken and highly agitated since the initial
attack and more so with the recent outbreaks of Anthrax.  I'm not amused
by RedHat's tremendous lack of sensitivity and ask that someone there
deal with this in a little more professional manner because I certainly
do not need the additional aggravation...

Regards,

Barry Treahy